If you’re thinking of calling us please remember this:
1. We can’t do prescriptions, dispense early or give you more just in case – our dispensary and the pharmacies are struggling already, you don’t want the pharmacies to be like the supermarkets.
2. We can’t give you an inhaler even though you had one 5 years ago when you had a bad cough – just in case – I know it’s scary but lots of people really really need these inhalers and if you get one just in case they might not be able to get one that they really need!
3. We are only giving Paracetamol to patients who have it on their repeat prescription. We can’t give you paracetamol just because it has sold out over the counter.
4. We can’t advise you whether you should or shouldn’t self-isolate if you are at risk, we have nearly 5400 patients. Please follow the guidance on www.nhs.uk, I know it’s not perfect but we don’t have anything else we can tell you.
5. If you are due to have a routine appointment and we tell you it’s cancelled, try and understand the unprecedented strain we are under.
Please don’t shout at the GP staff when they can’t do these things because remember we will still make sure you get the medication you NEED and we will still provide the best possible care. If you need to speak to a GP or get advice then please use econsult in the first instance, then telephone and shortly we will be able to consult by video link. We will only see patients face to face if deemed necessary after triaging.
Every single person who sets foot in a healthcare setting from now on, is sadly entering a high risk environment, why would you put yourself at risk?
Remember all NHS staff are doing this to help keep you safe.
Finally thank you to all of our team whose tireless efforts in unprecedented and challenging times are helping to keep all of our patients safe!